Web Application & API Protection (WAAP)
Akamai cloud-based Web Application Firewall (WAF) is a specific form of application firewall that filters, monitors, and blocks HTTP traffic to and from a web services critically preventing any malicious threat at the cloud level before reaching the origin server or customer network environment. By inspecting HTTP traffic, it can prevent attacks exploiting a web application’s known vulnerabilities, such as DDoS attack, RFI attack, SQL Injection, Cross-site Scripting (XSS), Ransomware, Phishing and malicious BOT.
- Critical DDoS defense
- Drop malicious traffic at the origin thus only clean traffic reach the origin server
- Default CDN superior performance with;
- Shorter latency: Static caching of content near to the user.
- TCP Optimisation: Traffic traverse over a single-hop global distributed network.
- 100% SLA commitment
- Bandwidth server optimization due to static caching of content & reduction of bad traffic being filter out.
- >300k distributed EdgeServer globally with >1,500 EdgeServers in Malaysia alone